Thank you for visiting and using our websites, our social media pages and our applications (“Sites”).
Chiquita respects your right to privacy when you use our Sites or when you interact with us. This Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our Sites, offline programs, contests and events.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Chiquita respects your privacy rights. Here are our main principles:
- We are committed to protect your privacy and we want to offer you a tailored service.
- We collect personal data for specific purposes based on your consent, our contractual relationship or the legitimate business interests of our company.
- You have the right to access your personal data and ask for correction or deletion, subject to our legal obligations.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
If you wish to know more, read our full Privacy Notice below.
By using our Sites or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please refrain from using or visiting our Sites or providing personal data.
Chiquita reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time and we will communicate to you any substantial changes.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide us with your consent, following your clear actions and behaviors, or for a legal or a legitimate reason.
2.1. As a user, visitor or follower of our brand, a journalist or a partner of us, we may process the following information about you:
What data we collect?
- Personal contact information such as first name, last name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, country, phone number, including location information;
- Information about you in relation to a media company;
- Your comments and user-generated content, including any photos, videos and personal stories that you share with us;
- Your account login information;
- Your profiles on social networks;
- Your preference regarding our products.
Why we collect this data?
- To allow you to create and access your client account;
- To respond to your queries or use it for contests you have entered;
- To contact you for marketing purposes or send you press releases, based on your consent or on a previous interaction with us;
- To combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service, including customizing sites and serving you interest-based advertising;
- For security and maintenance of our Sites; for reporting; and for risk, dispute and record management;
- To complete surveys that we use for research purposes, based on your consent;
2.2 As a candidate for a position in our company, we may process the following information about you:
What data we collect?
- Your first name(s), last name, title, gender;
- Full address including city, country and postal code, phone number, e-mail address;
- Work experience and references;
- Any other information contained in your CV, cover letter and other documents that you share with us on a voluntary basis.
Why we collect this data?
- To review your application, based on your submission;
- To allow us to contact you;
- To share your documentation with internal staff or partners who need to access it;
- To verify your references, based on our legitimate interests;
- To use it for other positions with your consent.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data for a specific purpose to any member of the Chiquita Group which means our holding company and its subsidiaries; service providers and media partners; financial institutions, logistic providers, commercial partners, and authorities if so required by law.
We may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party websites after you leave our Sites, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Sites. You can read more about it in our Cookie Notice.
These recipients may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Sites. We require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Sites, to comply with all relevant data protection laws.
4. HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
We take all reasonable technical, organisational and legal measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to any other third parties except as provided in this Privacy Notice.
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SEEK ITS CORRECTION
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records or object to any processing. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. For this purpose, we may require a copy of an identification document at our discretion.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us (email@example.com). You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
5.2 HOW TO CONTACT US
Chiquita Brands International Sàrl, registered in Switzerland under number CH55010520897, based in La Tuilière 16, 1163 Etoy, Switzerland, acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice and for the purposes of collection. Chiquita Europe B. V., is appointed as legal representative in the European Union (Franklinweg 354207 HX, Gorinchem, The Netherlands).
You also have the right to file a complaint to your data protection supervisory authority at any time.
Should you be concerned about a possible interference with your privacy rights or misuse of your personal data by us, or if you have any questions or comments, you can contact our Data Protection Office, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by regular mail at Chiquita Brands International Sàrl, La Tuilière 16, 1163 Etoy, Switzerland.
© 2019 – Chiquita Brands International Sàrl - All rights reserved
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to the hard drive of your device by a web server so that some information about your browsing activity can be collected.
We use the term “cookie’ for any technology that is collecting information from your device, such as information about your use of our apps and websites, about your device such as the device ID, IP address and browser type, demographic data and if applicable the URL of the linking page.
We also use web beacons or pixel tags to allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages or read our promotional e-mail messages/newsletters. They are not used to access your personal information without your consent.
Necessary Cookies are used to
- Remember information you have entered when you navigate on our Site
- Identify you as being logged in to our Site
- Remember the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page
Performance cookies are used to
- Provide statistics on how our Site is used
- See how effective our adverts are
- Detect any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our Site
Functionality cookies are used to
- Remember settings you have applied such as layout, language, or preferences
- Show you when you are logged in to our Site
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our Site.
Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. We use them to
- Link to social networks like Facebook, which may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
Here is a list of some cookies installed on the Site www.chiquita.ch
Type of Cookie
Recall what a user has done on previous pages / interactions with the website. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
If you do not want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can deactivate the Google Analytics browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Helps to manage sponsored link campaigns in multiple search engines and media channels https://support.google.com/ds/answer/7686480?hl=en&ref_topic=2473095
GoogleDynamic allows you to show ads to people who have previously visited your website or used your mobile app. For further information: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/3124536?hl=en
Facebook Custom Audiences
Authentication, security, website and product integrity, website functions and services, performance, analytics und research, advertising, statistics and measurement. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Performance and Targeting
Reach the right audience by targeting based on interests, geography, gender, device, or users similar to your followers. In addition, maximize the relevancy of our messages by targeting tweets with keywords. https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
You can also manage cookies in the privacy settings on the web browser you are using (find out more on www.youronlinechoices.com).
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and any new additional information. You can contact us at email@example.com if you have a question regarding this Cookie Notice.
© 2019 – Chiquita Brands International Sàrl- All rights reserved